If you’ve ever searched for an iPad app to use for elementary writing, you might know of Write About This, a visual writing prompt and creation platform made based on my experiences teaching 4th grade. It's been incredible to see how classrooms around the world have adopted it into their writing communities and processes, and the inspired student work that is shared with us always gives me goosebumps. But it was leaving some kids out. I heard from teachers and parents about students who were not yet developmentally at the writing or typing stage. Clearly, there was a need for children to be able to respond to visual prompts not just with text…. but with their voice! And so we set out to solve that problem based on our core belief:
The result? Tell About This is now available to help inspire, record and share kids voices!
- Let children explore the prompts and tell a story about something they find interesting!
- Use a photo of something exciting from a child’s life and have them record a Tell About to capture their reaction. Email or post for parents to listen!
- Retell a story using a picture from the book as a custom prompt.
- Brainstorm a writing piece for early writers.. capture their ideas to play back at any time.
- Kickstart and record verbal language practice using fun prompts that get kids talking!
Thank you so much Brad for sharing your new app with Kleinspiration readers!
I can't imagine the potential for creative classrooms… especially K-2 learners! I am so excited for Jacob, my 5 year old, to try it out! He's going to LOVE telling stories (he already does… now he has a super awesome way to capture his voice!) ~ Thanks!