What is edCamp?
An 'un'conference... individuals getting together to network, share ideas, and learn so that we can all move forward together. There are no 'pre-arranged' presentations. The informal atmosphere cultivates an explosion of ideas all being shared at once. Sessions mirror that of an open discussion forum guided by a common thread/theme/topic.
How can I attend?
EdCamp's are popping up everywhere! Click here to view the upcoming locations near you. Simply register (always for FREE) for the event, and you will be signed up and ready to participate.
Do I have to present if I attend?
You are welcome and invited to host a session; however, there is no pressure to do so. You're welcome to simply join a session and enjoy the adventure.
What if I'm not a technology expert?
No worries - there is information and tools for every level of comfort. The best part is... you pick your session and topic. Additionally, by the time you leave, you'll feel like an expert. :-)
EdCamp Resources: (click the links below)
- Introduction to EdCamp
- EdCamp Calendar of Locations and Dates
- A Word from Sponsor: Simple K12
- Site for EdCamp Detroit
- Richard Byrne's Morning Reflections from EdCamp Boston
- Contact Information for EdCamp Detroit Team
- Google Docs Collective Resources from EdCamp Detroit (please add your resources)
- Randy's Review of His Sessions & Shared Resources
- Nick's uStream of His Epic Presentation
- The Super Book of Web Tools for Educators
- Box of Tricks: Web 2.0
- My Favorite Sites
- iPads/iPods in Education
Ed Camp from True Life Media on Vimeo.